Makeup | 15 MINUTES Everyday Makeup - Back to School Tutorial

09:41 Jayyangg 0 Comments



Schools sneaking up on us this year! Glad that I could show you guys my go-to makeup look during the school year. Super versatile, and adaptable to any outfit,  you don't need to think too much and just get out the door ( and hopefully make it on time to your classes :P ) Keep reading for some application tips and full list/mini reviews of the products I used.


Tips:

TIP #1: Hooded/Not Prominent Double Eyelids = Gradation Eye Makeup
Personally, I think for those who have hooded eyelids or double eyelids that are not as prominent, a gradation eyeshadow is one of the best options! Starting with the darkest color at the eyeline area/slightly in the outer corner, medium shade till just above your crease, and the lightest shade in the inner corner and blending upwards above the medium shade.

TIP #2: Layer your PRIMERS! 
Additionally, I love layering my primers. By layering them, I can adjust my tone, smooth my skin out, even before adding bb/cc cream and or foundation. By doing so you use less product, therefore the skin looks a lot more natural, less cakey and foundations last longer.

TIP #3: Match your Lips - Cheeks - Outfit
An easy way to look super put together is making sure you match your lipstick, blush and outfit. In this case I matched my top, lips AND cheeks together with a peachy pink shade. However, you don't always need to match all 3, I usually try to go 2/3 so it's not overly matched! :)


Products Used: 

1. The Base:

  • Cezane Make Keep Base - My favourite primer for oily skin! Slightly brightens your skin (the primer is a bit pink) and also a slight blur. 
  • Rimmel Fix & Perfect Makeup Primer 002 - Is good at controlling oils, keep my makeup sticking to my face and increases the wear time of my makeup 
  • The Face Shop Lovely ME:EX Make up Base Purple - Brightens and color corrects. 
  • IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Fair (Light would have been a better fit)  - Obviously way too light of a shade (NC15-20) Light would have been perfect for those who have NC20-25 skintone. It does oxidize a little to match your skin! I would only recommend for those who have dry to combination oily skin. 
  • Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer 03 (Darkest one available out of 3) - Really great concealer for under the eyes and spot concealing. I wish it color corrects, but it does stay in place really well and brighten and conceal my under eyes!
  • Cover Girl Outlast All Day Setting Powder 830 Light to Medium - My new HG setting powder. Very soft, finely milled and great for oily skin girls! Review to come soon. 
  • Wet N Will Photofocus Setting Spray - This is great for setting my makeup and keeping it in place for days that I'm out up to 6 hours. If I know it will be a long day I usually swap it out for Urban Decay's All Nighter.


2. The Eyes

  • SmashBox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer 
  • Lunasol Beige Beige Eyeshadow Palette 01E - An eyeshadow palette that I just keep going back to over the years. I rarely ever hit pan, but this one I have on 2 shades! Super smooth pigments, and great for creating a gradation for those who have light - medium skin tones. 
  • Innis Free Gel Liner (Eyeliner Pencil) #9 Dark Brown - Super reliable eyeliner that I'm running out of! Creamy, pigmented, and stays in place - no more panda eyes :) 
  • Etude house Drawing Shadow Brush Liner - Dark Brown - Another product I'm almost out of! ( I have 2 backups already :P ) Comparable to the Kat Von D liquid liner, this dark brown liner is smooth, and doesn't skip. Although, my only con is that it's not that water resistant as it tends to fade if I tear up. 
  • Shiseido Eyelash Curler 
  • Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara - Recommended by lead makeup artist for Maybelline New York Canada - Grace Lee, this mascara does it all: hold a curl, lengthen, volume, and separates. Easy to take off, it doesn't travel under my eyes either. 
  • Tony Moly Lovely Eyeshadow pencil 03 Grey Brown - This eyebrow pencil is the perfect amount of soft:stiff ratio. Alghough initionally I found this hard to use as it's very pigmented and you can easily apply too much. I like to gently draw a slight amount and use a spooley to blend it out before adding on more.  

3. The Face

  • NARS Bronzer Laguna - Not much to say :) It's great for contouring and bronzing.
  • Lip Balm 
  • Chanel Coco Rouge Shine 46 Liberte - Satin finish on lips, peachy and pink. Hydrating, but not the longest lasting lipstick.
  • Elf Blush Candid Coral - Dupe for NARS Orgasm! Peachy pink with a little bit of a gold sheen.
  • Essence Silky Touch Blush 10 Adorable - Soft and creamy, this pink blush is very bendable and super affordable!

4. The Brushes

  • Elf Ultimate Blending Brush
  • Elf Complexion Brush
  • Elf Flawless Concealer Brush 
  • Elf Professional Eyeshadow Brush
  • Sephora Crease Brush 
  • Blush - Elizabeth Arden 
  • Elf Face Brush 

If you enjoyed I would really appreciate if you liked or subscribed to my channel! :)


**Thank you IT Cosmetics for sending me their CC Cream, however, my thoughts genuine!  Everything else was purchased myself.

0 comments: